Saturday, May 16, 2015

God Speaks Your Love Language

I recently read Gary Chapman's book God Speaks your Love Language; previously, I have read his book The Five Love Languages. I highly recommend Gary Chapman's books because they are encouraging, motivating and informative.

For those who have never heard of the concept the five love languages they are: words of affirmation, quality time, gifts, touch and acts of service. Each of these are ways we can express love to one another. Everyone has one primary love language that speaks to them more deeply than the others although we can all learn to speak and appreciate every love language. One section of God Speaks your love language is how your primary love language affects your worship and the way you receive God's love for you. I think it is very helpful for understanding why some people like and enjoy one religious activity while others don't like it at all and enjoy other kinds of religious activities.

By knowing a person's love language you discover best how to communicate love to them and you know how they are most likely to express their love to you. My love language is quality time and there are many ways I can express love through time to people and to God. I like to write letters which embody more time and effort than other quicker modes of communication. I like to take walks with people or travel together so we can spend uninterrupted time together.

-Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment